You have seen the videos online, it’s popularity has taken the world by storm, and finally… IT’S AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA! Introducing FLEX TAPE®, the original super strong, waterproof tape that can patch, bond, seal and repair virtually anything! It is specially formulated with a thick, flexible, rubberised backing that conforms to any shape or object. Unlike other tapes available, Flex Tape’s bond will increase with time and pressure. Perfect for a variety of surfaces with many uses around the car, boat, caravan or home.
HOW TO USE
Always read and follow the instructions for use. For full instructions and safety directions see product packaging.
- CUT. Leave backing on tape and cut to desired dimension. Make sure to use a high quality utility knife with disposable blades or a razor blade when cutting.
- PEEL. Remove the backing from the tape.
- STICK. Apply tape to a clean surface and press down firmly.
- SEAL. Using your fingers, plastic squeegee or roller, press down firmly and remove any air pockets.
*Flex Tape is a temporary, emergency repair and is not meant to be a permanent fix.
**Flex Tape may not bond to all hoses.
- For maximum adhesion on porous surfaces, using a standard blow dryer will help the adhesives bond with the surface.
- Flex Tape’s bond will increase with time and pressure. Continued firm pressure will help increase adhesion.
- Once fully bonded, Flex Tape cannot be repositioned.
- Flex Tape adhesives may resist bonding to some plasticized or waterproof materials, siliconized, greasy, oily, dirty, or porous surfaces.
- Certain fabrics such as canvas, nylon, polyester, synthetics, cotton and some other materials may need up to 24 hours to reach maximum hold.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Thick, flexible, rubberised adhesive
- Conforms to any shape or object
- Seals out water, air and moisture
- Great for patching large holes, cracks, gaps, and tears
- Can be applied hot or cold, wet or dry…even underwater
- Available in two (2) sizes to cover cracks, holes, and gaps of any size
- Can withstand temperatures from -56ºC to 93ºC and extreme weather conditions
- UV resistant
- Environmentally friendly
FLEX TAPE® has a triple-thick adhesive allowing it to virtually weld itself to the surface, instantly stopping the toughest leaks. The most common uses for Flex Tape are listed below:
Common Flex Tape Applications:
- Leaky roofs and ceilings
- Damaged gutters and down spouts
- Boats, kayaks, personal watercrafts, canoes, and other outdoor equipment repairs
- Repairs for mobile homes, caravans and campers
- Leaky PVC and plumbing pipes
- Sprinkler system, pool, and spa leaks and repairs
- Patch and seal windows, doors, walls, seams, and vents
- Repair air ducts and HVAC systems
- DIY projects
- And much more!
- Dry wall
- Some plastics, fabrics, vinyl and so much more!
Q: What colours and sizes does FLEX TAPE® come in?
FLEX TAPE® comes in two handy sizes for any job – 10cm x 1.5m and the larger 20cm x 1.5m. Each size comes in either black, white or even clear!
Q: What temperatures can you use FLEX TAPE® In?
FLEX TAPE® is the ultra-durable rubberised tape that can be used between -5º – 48º celisus.
Q: Can I use FLEX TAPE® to repair an air mattress or inflatable?
FLEX TAPE® can be used as a temporary, emergency repair to an air mattress or inflatable. However, it may not bond with all materials. Always test before use.
Q: What is the maximum pressure FLEX TAPE® can withstand?
The maximum pressure FLEX TAPE® can withstand will vary based on the substrate and the conditions under which it is applied. It’s always best to test a small area first.
Q: Can I use FLEX TAPE® on a tank used to hold gas, petrol or oil?
No. We do not recommend using FLEX TAPE® on a gas, petrol or oil tank.